Internet is a rich source of information for teachers or parents in terms of guidance, tips, advice and expert suggestions. Every parent needs guidance on kid's development and behavior.
Your child is a site from University of Michigan Medical School and this site is especially designed for parents as a guide to internet iformation on kids development and behavior.
"YourChild: Development and Behavior Resources is a Web site for parents. It is a clearinghouse for comprehensive information on children's development and behavior. We aim to help parents navigate the overwhelming amount of information available on the Internet and provide parents a means to link up with support groups, agencies, organizations, and other tools and resources. YourChild is a resource parents can trust, because University of Michigan experts have evaluated all our information and links."
What you can get from the site?
- Lots of parenting and child development and behavior resources:
- Information to help you better understand your child's development and behavior
Links to support groups so you can find other parents going through the same things as you
- Links to agencies and organizations that may be able to assist you
- Other helpful tools and resources
- Commentary from the YourChild team on controversial or important topics of the day
- Featured links to information about timely topics
- A guide to using the Internet to find the best and most reliable information about parenting and child development
Another source for parents:
* Center for effective parenting provides lot of information for parents and educators.
* A lot of printable PDF files on many topics: